Bonjour!

My photo
" A Compassionate act is often its own reward"

Saturday, 30 April 2011

oh hey.


My blog today is all about this eye look and a mini review on all the products I used and cheaper alternatives for those on a budget! Yes unfortunately this is the only picture I have but when I recreate and practice and can show each step I will do a detailed blog:D Yippee.

Step one: Primer. Don't waste your time.. PRIME! Ok so I used MAC prep+prime eye in light. I would describe this cream as cakey. Its very thick and feels a bit like studio tech but thicker. It dries into a powder and I really liked it and only had to use a tiny amount so thumbs up! * If you don't own a primer make your own with a cream concealer and a spot of translucent powder*

Step two: Eyeshadow. Today I wanted a natural lid with no highlight or crease colour. I used Urban Decay in naked all over the lid with my Ruby and Millie lid brush. I love this eyeshadow I use it every day and couldn't complain about it. * For a cheaper alternative try the natural collection or Rimmel single shadows*

Step three: Liner. Firstly I used pencil liner very scruffily along the top lash line. I used a loreal khol in black which i got free with a mascara in duty free. I don't wear pencil at all but I did like this one so to pencil lovers I would give it ago! * If pencil isn't a must for your everyday look a natural collection black is great for your collection, its cheap and does the job*

Step four: Lashes; Today I used some natural lashes from Eylure. Loved the lashes but unfortunately I have lost my eye lash glue so I just used the glue in the box which was fine but wasn't the best. When I do my lashes I simply put glue along the line and place them just above the lash line adding pressure with tweezers, personally I wouldn't use my fingers as the oil can disrupt the glue and liner... But I definitely recommend Eylure. *Always wait 3-5 minutes before doing anything else with eyes*.

Step five: Liner; Next I opted for gel liner as I like the control of my brush rather than the one of a liquid pen. So i simply shaped my liner with the gel and then followed with a coat of liquid to give the glossy effect and to seal the deal!. I used macs gel eyeliner in blacktrack, not a complaint I love the eyeliner and always set with jet black eyeshadow for matte look. Then I used Rimmel extravagant eyeliner in jet black. Both great products for a makeup collection. * Great alternatives are Rimmel/W7 gel liner and miss sporty liquid liner pot*

Step 6: Mascara; I love mascara, if I could only have one item of makeup it would be mascara, I always wear it. All I did was curl my lashes to blend and add three coats of mascara. Today I used Loreal lash millions which I love! * Mascara is great because it really doesn't have to break the bank. I tend to go for a mascara that is on offer or new out or has a flawless review. Try the Rimmel Max or collection 2000 big false lashes *


Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed and liked what I've created. Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment